Sport Signup Registration/Log in
Click here to signup for all sports
Sts. J&A CYC Golf Program for Spring 2017
(Deadline to register is February 12, 2017)
INFORMATION BELOW WILL BE UPDATED WHEN
2017 SEASON DATES HAVE BEEN DETERMINED
LITTLE LEAGUE :
• Grades 1st – 4th; Boys and Girls
• Non-Competitive Golf Program for the Beginner.
• Professional Golf Instruction – Five 55-minute Team Group Lessons scheduled to start April 30, 2016 (weather permitting). Teams limited to 8 Children.
• Play three 9-hole Golf Matches on Mini Course at Golf Headquarters in O’Fallon, beginning when the instructional clinics are over (tentatively starting on June 4, 2016.
• $110 per Golfer
• The program is only conducted on the weekends.
• Each participant must have own set of junior golf clubs or, at a minimum, a putter, wedge, and 7-iron.
• Grades 5th – 8th ; Boys and Girls
• Professional Golf Instruction: Four 55-minute clinics at Golf Headquarters in O’Fallon, March 19- April 16, 2016, weather permitting.
• Play Six 9-hole Golf Rounds on Pheasant Run, Hawks Ridge and/or Legends in Eureka, April 30 – June 4, 2016
• Teams will be grouped by grade/gender/experience and will play other teams of like skill; 5th and 6th graders may be grouped together and 7th and 8th graders may be together. (For the rounds of golf, our J&A teams will be paired up with another team, “to play the round”. This involves splitting the team into pairs and playing 2v2 foursomes.)
• $140 per Junior Golfer; (Optional shirts are an additional cost.)
• The clinics and the 6 rounds of golf are only conducted on the weekends. (with optional weeknight practices at a driving range, or practice rounds of golf, both at additional costs… Jumbo buckets of balls could be shared each week with team to keep cost down.)
• Each participant must have own set of golf clubs. (At a minimum, a 5th grader would need 4-5 clubs: 5-wood, 7-iron, 9-iron, PW, & putter.)
• Required: All players must have a CYC ID card. 5th – 8th graders also need to attend the Golf Rules and Etiquette Training. (Seminar attendance will be checked; CYC cards will be checked at end of season tournaments for those who qualify.)
• Each team will need a parent volunteer(s) to be a “Team Leader/ Manager”. (No instruction; just make sure score cards are collected and turned in after each match and keep players and parents in the know if there are any rainouts, changes, etc.; a point of contact for the team.)
• In addition, a parent volunteer “Coach” would be beneficial for the team in organizing the optional trips to the driving range and in pairing up the players for the rounds of golf. Typically, a team’s top 2 players should be pair up with the “top two players of the other team, and so on. (The Coach could be the same person as the Team Leader/Manager or it could a different person.)
• Parent Team Leader/Manager and/or Coach all other participating parents need to attend the Coaching to Make a Positive Difference and the Protecting God’s Children workshops. A CYC ID Card is also required for all adults.
• All golf lessons are conducted by PGA Professionals, PGA Apprentices and PGA Pre-Apprentices.
• QUESTIONS? Email Michele Cohen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 314-503-2003
Links to Important Sites:
Protecting God’s Children Workshops schedule: https://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/reg_list2.cfm?theme=0 Click the link and then select “St. Louis, MO (Archdiocese)”
Link for CYC Cards: https://idcards.cycstl.net/
Coaching to Make a Positive Difference: http://www.cycstl.net/coaches/coaches-training-program
Archdiocese CYC website: www.CYCstl.org
West County/St. Charles CYC Golf Program: www.westcountycycgolf.com
This site will eventually be updated with Spring/Summer 2014 Golf information including a list of scheduled (mandatory) Golf Etiquette and Rules Seminars being offered, in addition to schedules and scores for the 2014 season and end of the season tournament information. It will also have a link to a face-book page and a twitter account for up to date info.